No one knows your body better than you. We know you want to do your part to keep it healthy, but sometimes we get so busy that we take our bodies for granted. You can’t afford not to take care of your body, though. Because when it comes to your health, it’s all about you!
These 5 tips can help.
- Eat a balanced diet. You don’t have to follow a super strict, super boring meal plan. Just make sure that you are getting a well-balanced diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and lean meats.
- Exercise daily. Guess what? You don’t have to follow a super strict workout plan, either. Take some time every day to get up and move. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park farther away from the door. Invite friends to play a game of disc golf after work. Join a yoga class. Do something that is fun for you!
- Get enough sleep. Now this one can sometimes be tricky. You really do have to discipline yourself to get in bed at a reasonable hour each night. Start powering down a little while before you want to go to sleep. Turn off the electronics. Don’t exercise right before you go to bed. And avoid drinking alcohol late at night.
- Take care of the pain. While we all have to deal with minor aches and pains now and then, only you know when something more is going on in your body. Just don’t ignore a message your body is sending because your to-do list is a mile long. Don’t wait until minor symptoms turn into major pain before addressing those messages, either. When aches and pains do persist, take the time to seek relief. Our massage therapists will begin each session with a short consult, which gives you the chance to share any issues or concerns you have. Maybe you need to schedule a chiropractic adjustment with Dr. Barry. He will also first assess your situation to see if yours is a chiropractic case. If not, you’ll be referred to another healthcare professional better suited for your needs.
- Pamper yourself. You don’t have to have aches and pains to have a massage. It’s a great way to relax! What about treating yourself to a fabulous new color for fall? Did you know we are offering a free cut with any color service right now? Maybe you could use some extra care for your skin. This month, take $15 off any facial service (excludes mini-facial). Pampering yourself is the perfect way to relax and relieve some stress. And relieving stress is an important part of taking care of you!